A mix of both new and old photos…
If you are interested in volunteering or just wish to make a comment or suggestion use one of the following means of communication:
There are many opportunities to assist individually or as a group such as with the Boy Scouts or Girl Scouts. Some ideas follow.
Get Involved by Participating
You or your organization can participate in any of our activities.
- Join any of our trail work days throughout the year
- Sign up for our “Adopt a Trail” or “Keep It Nice” programs
- Approach the Pathfinders with a scouting project such as Eagle Scout project or to simply take your den or pack on a hike and bring some bags to do some cleanup. Or the younger scouts can play “stick in the mud” where they can gather and throw sticks in the mud to help soak up water on some of the wetter trails.
- Join us in our hiking or other group activities
Become an Active Member
We have a lot of committees (see About the Pathfinders for a complete list) where you can volunteer to be elected as a formal member of Pathfinders. Use your skills and/or learn some new ones.
- Mapping (using Global Positioning System or GPS)
- Grants, Land Acquisition
- Trail Management
- Bicycling, Hiking, Fishing
- Membership, Publicity, Event Planning
Contact the Membership Committee for more information.
Saturday, June 6, 2015(10:00AM at the FREC -or- 11:15AM Purple Heart or Silver Stream trails)
Celebrating National Trails Day, the Jackson Pathfinders hosted hikes at multiple locations. Three guided hikes were offered. Started at the Forest Resource Education Center (495 Don Connor) for the Forest Discovery Trail led by a FREC naturalist (10:00 a.m.), then departed by your vehicle to the Purple Heart Trail (805 East Vets, 11:15 a.m.) and the Silver Stream/Steve Kitay Trails (255 Frank Applegate, 11:15 a.m.) led by Jackson Pathfinders. Directions to subsequent hikes were provided at the FREC. Alternative was to go directly to Purple Heart or Silver Stream trail heads at 11:15 a.m.